Press "Enter" to skip to content

Iran arrests six for deadly suicide bomb attack on security forces

Iran arrests six for deadly suicide bomb attack on security forces

1_Iran_Funeral_IRGC_AFP.jpg

Iran says it has arrested six people suspected of involvement in last week’s deadly suicide bomb attack on security forces in the southern province of Sistan-Baluchistan. The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) said on February 18 that it had arrested three “terrorists” in safe houses in the cities of Saravan and Khash. Sistan-Baluchistan Province’s public prosecutor Ali Movahedi said that three other people accused of being involved in the February 13 suicide bombing that killed 27 IRGC members were arrested, according to the semiofficial Fars news agency. The IRGC said that 150 kilograms of explosives and 600 kilograms of “explosive materials” as well as weapons and ammunition were confiscated in the raids in Saravan and Khash. Those arrested had “produced, guided, and supported” the vehicle used in the attack, the Guards said. In the attack, one of the deadliest on Iranian security forces in years, a suicide bomber drove an explosives-laden vehicle into a bus that was…
Source: Iran arrests six for deadly suicide bomb attack on security forces