• Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:
      Did you miss your activation email?

www.occasion-to-be.com

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10
I took a 10-minute test to figure out how to get what I want and found I was completely lacking in one crucial area

I took a test to assess the style I use to influence people — here's what I found out.

Source: I took a 10-minute test to figure out how to get what I want and found I was completely lacking in one crucial area
Michael Phelps says Katie Ledecky has a quality he rarely sees in swimmers

Michael Phelps said that when Katie Ledecky creates a goal for herself, she'll do whatever it takes to accomplish it.

Source: Michael Phelps says Katie Ledecky has a quality he rarely sees in swimmers
The Strange World of Russian ‘Trolls’ – Consortiumnews

A big part of the Russia-gate hysteria is to accuse Russia of spreading U.S. dissension via Internet “trolling,” but that’s just one more wild exaggeration among many, as William Blum describes at Anti-Empire Report. By William Blum Webster’s dictionary: troll – verb: To fish by running a baited line behind a moving boat; noun: A […]

Source: The Strange World of Russian ‘Trolls’ – Consortiumnews
‘Go home:’ Tillerson urges Iran-backed militias to leave Iraq — RT America

As the fighting against Islamic State (IS, former ISIS/ISIL) in Iraq nears its end, Iraqi Shiite militias and their Iranian advisors need to “go home,” US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said in an apparent attempt to curb Iran’s influence in Iraq. “Iranian militias that are in Iraq, now that the fight against … ISIS […]

Source: ‘Go home:’ Tillerson urges Iran-backed militias to leave Iraq — RT America
YoNews Portal / Globalization: A 'global' failure
« Last post by YoNews on Today at 05:20:07 PM »
Globalization: A 'global' failure

"We cannot allow to fall back into pre-globalization times," German Chancellor Angela Merkel warned. Merkel was welcoming Obama back to Berlin for the last time. The election had been fought and won nine days earlier. And Obama and Merkel were defending globalism against President-elect Trump.

To Merkel and Obama, returning to pre-globalization times was every bit as mad as going back to the caves. Globalization had become synonymous with civilization. And its prophets, like Thomas Friedman, traced back its rise to the fall of the Berlin Wall in the city where Merkel and Obama were chatting.

But globalization didn't bring down the Berlin Wall. Nationalism did. The pro-democracy activists wanted a country where the people had a voice. That's the opposite of globalization in which there are no nations and only the influential figures of various stripes have any kind of impact.

Source: Globalization: A 'global' failure
Brennan's 'Police State USA' and his 'Trump-Russia connection'

Did the United States warn Russia to stay out of Syria?

Yes, they did.

Did they tell the Russians that if they joined the war against ISIS and helped Bashar al Assad the US would make them pay a heavy price?

Yes.

Did US agents and diplomats warn their Russian counterparts that Russian troops would "come home in body bags" and that the western media would launch a propaganda campaign against them?

Yes, again.

Did US officials say the western media would concoct a phony story about "Russian hacking" that would be used to persuade the American people that Russia was a dangerous enemy that had to be reigned in with harsh economic sanctions, provocative military maneuvers, and threats of violence?

No, but it's not hard to imagine a scenario in which the CIA would pursue such a strategy. After all, the Intel agencies, the media and the entire political establishment have been hammering on Russia for over two years now. Isn't it possible that elements of these three factions decided to pool their resources in order to poison the public's perception Russia? Hasn't the US government dabbled in these type of psychological operations (PSYOPS) many time before?

Source: Brennan's 'Police State USA' and his 'Trump-Russia connection'
Poland's Minister of the Interior decries migration crisis caused by irresponsible leaders like Merkel

Mariusz Błaszczak is minister of the interior of Poland and member of the ruling Law and Justice party. In a statement on Polish national television he says that:

"The migrant crisis is the most serious problem affecting Europe" and that "it was caused by irresponsible actions of some of the European leaders".

He mentions Merkel and her open door policy that invited refugees as an example of that irresponsibility in the video below.

At a later moment the minister says Poland helps Christian refugees locally and that this kind of help is the "best and most effective".

Source: Poland's Minister of the Interior decries migration crisis caused by irresponsible leaders like Merkel
YoNews Portal / GW Bush speech: How to Trump-bash 13 clueless ways
« Last post by YoNews on Today at 05:00:42 PM »
GW Bush speech: How to Trump-bash 13 clueless ways

They like him. They really, really like him.

Former President George W. Bush discovered this week that all he had to do to make the media finally like him was take a rhetorical swing at Donald Trump.

And it didn't hurt that he teamed up with Barack Obama to do it. The result was a media swoon. The New York Times crooned: Without Saying 'Trump,' Bush and Obama Deliver Implicit Rebukes.

The #Resistance found its new power couple!

But wait, there's more! The Times also printed a fawning profile of Bush's twin daughters, Barbara and Jenna. You've come a long way, babies, from the tabloid accounts of drunken college revelries.

Now that their father has teamed up with Obama and the Clintons, the girls are enjoying the sort of media love that only Democrat daughters get. In fact, Barbara and Jenna are kind of like a double Chelsea-with Planned Parenthood fundraising and all.

It's as if the Obamas, Clintons, and Bushes have formed a sort of Establishment extended family. Dubya even likes to call Bill his "brother with a different mother."

So is it any wonder that George finally joined Barry, Bill, and Hill in bashing Don? Trump, for all his wealth, has never been one of the beautiful people.

The Establishment despises Trump, but they don't fear him. They fear his Deplorables - the ordinary Americans from every race, religion, gender, and background who catapulted Trump to victory.

Source: GW Bush speech: How to Trump-bash 13 clueless ways
WHO to rethink naming Robert Mugabe as 'goodwill ambassador'

The head of the World Health Organization has said he is rethinking his decision to name Zimbabwe's president, Robert Mugabe, as a goodwill ambassador after the move provoked global outrage.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director general of the UN health agency, had this week asked Zimbabwe's 93-year-old authoritarian leader to serve in the role to help tackle non-communicable diseases such as heart attacks, strokes and asthma across Africa.

The decision triggered confusion and anger among WHO member states and activists who noted that Zimbabwe's health care system, like many of its public services, has collapsed under Mugabe's regime.

"I'm listening. I hear your concerns. Rethinking the approach in light of WHO values. I will issue a statement as soon as possible," Tedros, a former Ethiopian health minister, tweeted on Saturday night.

Source: WHO to rethink naming Robert Mugabe as 'goodwill ambassador'
Living among monsters: Yazidi girl's terrible ordeal as Daesh prisoner

A Yazidi girl, recently rescued from Sinjar by the Iraqi Army, was resold by Daesh 12 times as a sex slave. She was kidnapped, beaten and raped by the militants for over three years. Sputnik correspondent spoke to her about her terrible ordeal.

In an interview with a Sputnik correspondent, N.M Shemli, who was abducted by Daesh militants in August 2014, said that she was taken when she was 18 years old. Her six-year-old sister was also kidnapped by the terrorists.

"As soon as Daesh attacked the village and the center of Sinjar, I along with my family and relatives, left in two cars. In the area of Sinone, our road was blocked by a convoy of five Daesh cars. We cried and begged to release us, but that did not help. First they drove us to the nearby US base, which was by then seized by Daesh. From there we were sent to Shilom, where several Yazidi men were executed right before our eyes," Shemli said.

Source: Living among monsters: Yazidi girl's terrible ordeal as Daesh prisoner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10