Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Ultimate Call to Combat  (Read 4683 times)

Offline Snow Deer

Re: The Ultimate Call to Combat
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2017    05:00:24 PM »
The second rule of warfare is to
[/size][/color]
know how to use the tools in your arsenal.
As Catholics, we have all the angels
and saints in heaven, and Holy Mother Church
on earth, as our defense against the devil and his wiles.
“But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen
you and guard you from the evil one.”
2 Thessalonians 3:3
The lives of the saints, the powerful prayers
they wrote, the sacraments, sacramentals,
the Word of God, the Holy Spirit . . .
Jesus has given you all the weapons you need to
win the fight.
You just need to know
how to use them effectively.

“Put on the whole armor of God, so that you
may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”
Ephesians
6:11
Manual for Spiritual Warfare
[/size][/font]

Undisclosed

« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2017    04:19:19 PM »

[emb<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>ed=425,349]

Offline Snow Deer

« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2017    04:20:26 PM »

sorry, forgot to log in

:doh:

Offline beast

• Member Plus
    • Occasion2B
« Reply #15 on: Jan 15, 2017    05:39:09 PM »
the next time you log in , there is a little check box that will allow you to always stay logged in unless you log out. :cow: :wave:

Offline beast

• Member Plus
    • Occasion2B
« Reply #16 on: Jan 15, 2017    05:46:00 PM »

NOTE: This is simply a re-upload of my original with a new version of 'Adagio for Strings' that is not restricted by copyright laws.

Chapter 1: "Why are Catholics confused?" from Open Letter to Confused Catholics (audio book).

I produced this video to help open the eyes of Catholics who are not fully cognizant of the scope of the crisis afflicting the Church today.

If you like what you hear, please purchase the audio book.

Please feel free to share with family and friends.  Let me know if you like the video!

All the best,

Michael, Narrator and Video Editor

Offline beast

• Member Plus
    • Occasion2B
« Reply #17 on: Jan 15, 2017    05:56:00 PM »
Do you remember the commercial for the church in the 90"s.

It ended with . " We don't have all the answers ".

I can remember thinking - That's the problem -  You're supposed to have all the answers !

Offline Snow Deer

« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2017    05:58:07 PM »
the next time you log in , there is a little check box that will allow you to always stay logged in unless you log out. :cow: :wave:

I have seen that but I didn't know if it was safe... don't want to get hacked... is it safe?

Offline Snow Deer

« Reply #19 on: Jan 15, 2017    06:33:48 PM »

Last Fall I was picking up my RXs and I saw a friend of my folks in the pharmacy.  She's about 82.  She always says if there is anything I can do for you, please just tell me.  I found myself asking if she still goes to 5 pm Mass? And she said yes and said she would give me a ride if I wanted to attend. She called a couple of Saturday afternoons, but I was working trying to save my deck from the damage done (I explained it at CBA) and I missed her calls.

She kept calling and the third time, I picked up the phone and said I wanted to go with her.  I don't really know why. I attended the funeral masses for my folks, but I haven't gone otherwise for decades.  I still do my daily meditations and my basic outlook is very yogic based...and will always be.

I was surprised at the changes in Mass.  I almost wrote that I was shocked.  Maybe I was a bit shocked.  When I was young and attended with my family regularly, it was basically beat into us kids that we were not to ever touch the host and if we ever saw one on the ground or something to not touch it but to get a priest.

Now, they have lay people distribute communion and they place it in your hand.  I just can't do that. I  only get in the line where the priest distributes communion and I do it 'the old fashion way'... stick out one's tongue and the priest places the host on my tongue. I am the ONLY one who does this.
And there are lay people who offer one a drink of wine.  I never take this.  Still 'old fashioned' I guess.

Gone is Latin. Many of the people's responses are now sung, which I think is basically cool. There is a lot of singing. And twice there is hand-shaking and wishing each other peace.

The tabernacle is off to the side in a little cage alcove.  People bring up the hosts and wine to the altar. There is only one 'altar boy', all the rest are girls, a couple are grown women.

The current priest is Father Jean-Pierre from French Congo. He loves to belt out songs.  I like that.  He faces the people throughout the whole Mass.

Indeed, changes.  A part of me says, if things were right before why are they being changed?  The other part of me says this is the way the Church is evolving to include people, make them an actual part of the ritual of Mass.

I got great feelings of peace this holiday season.  Most importantly from my traditional 5-6 hour long meditation during December.  Also from the way I saw Fr. Jean-Pierre stress the importance of Jesus.
I feel like maybe there is a greater emphasis on Jesus now.  Maybe it is because of Jean-Pierre... I don't know... maybe it was always there, hidden in the old way the Mass ritual was carried out, hidden behind the Latin and always seeing the backside of the priest.

I seem to only get out of the house for doc appointments and once a month, my sister takes me to pick up RXs and groceries.  (On many weeks, going to Mass is my only contact with other human beings.) If I need something in between, I place a delivery order maybe once every other month or so, which is an expensive way to get groceries.  I keep thinking I should replace my freezer, but somewhere inside me I feel a temporariness.  Last summer and autumn, I bagged and boxed up everything in my house that I do not absolutely need and gave it all away.  I've kept photos and a few things I know my son will want when I pass/or things I would take with me if I left here.

At night, I am aware of myself praying in my sleep, even saying the rosary.  My niece gave me a Miraculous Medal years ago and I came across it this summer and started wearing it.

Still, lying deep inside me, deep in my consciousness is the notion of 'temporariness'.  Slowly it is getting stronger.  I don't know why it is there.  I just let it be.

Offline Snow Deer

« Reply #20 on: Jan 15, 2017    06:42:47 PM »

The one thing of which I am sure is War is Coming and with that knowledge I get the feeling of winter.

heck, that's why I started this whole thread.  A battle cry in the war that has continued since, as you said, when the first blow was struck. But now all will know of this war.

Undisclosed

« Reply #21 on: Jan 15, 2017    06:51:27 PM »

I have seen that but I didn't know if it was safe... don't want to get hacked... is it safe?

It is safe. when you arn't here you don't show up as being logged in or anything like that.  It is part of the cookie that you have on your computer fot the site anyway. Of course if you delete your cookies like some people do you would have to log in again next visit.

Offline beast

• Member Plus
    • Occasion2B
« Reply #22 on: Jan 15, 2017    07:04:21 PM »

The one thing of which I am sure is War is Coming and with that knowledge I get the feeling of winter.

heck, that's why I started this whole thread.  A battle cry in the war that has continued since, as you said, when the first blow was struck. But now all will know of this war.

darkness seems to be more patient and at the same time more persistent. It doesn't have to do any work it just fills the void whenever light is absent. light on the other hand takes energy.  the battle between evil and good works the same way. evil will fill the void when ever goodness drops it's guard and isn't consciously expending it's energy.

Offline Snow Deer

« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2017    02:34:52 PM »

"For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
Colossians 1:13-14