• Occasion2b Main Page

• General Discussion

• Disease Outbreak News

YoNews.org

YoNews Portal

Live TV

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 19, 2017    09:38:55 PM

Author Topic: Leading sleep scientist warns that lack of sleep in modern society is killing us, has 'catastrophic' effect on health  (Read 50 times)

Offline YoNews

• Member Plus
    • YoNews.org
Leading sleep scientist warns that lack of sleep in modern society is killing us, has 'catastrophic' effect on health

'I take my sleep incredibly seriously because I have seen the evidence,' says Professor Matthew Walker

A "catastrophic sleep-loss epidemic" is causing a host of potentially fatal diseases, a leading expert has said.

In an interview with the Guardian, Professor Matthew Walker, director of the Centre for Human Sleep Science at the University of California, Berkeley, said that sleep deprivation affected "every aspect of our biology" and was widespread in modern society.

And yet the problem was not being taken seriously by politicians and employers, with a desire to get a decent night's sleep often stigmatized as a sign of laziness, he said.

Source: Leading sleep scientist warns that lack of sleep in modern society is killing us, has 'catastrophic' effect on health

Our Health Care System Is a Corporate Care System

Started by YoNewsBoard YoNews Portal

Replies: 0
Views: 27
Last post Sep 28, 2017    04:40:05 AM
by YoNews
Billionaire investor warns: U.S. "wealth disparity" will end in "revolution, taxes, or war"

Started by YoNewsBoard YoNews Portal

Replies: 0
Views: 51
Last post Oct 08, 2017    10:20:04 PM
by YoNews