• Occasion2b Main Page

• General Discussion

• Disease Outbreak News

YoNews.org

YoNews Portal

Visit Our New Store

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jun 25, 2017    11:45:06 PM

Author Topic: Duterte claims China threatened war in South China Sea if Philippines drills for oil  (Read 57 times)

Offline YoNews

• Member Plus
    • YoNews.org
Duterte claims China threatened war in South China Sea if Philippines drills for oil

Beijing threatened the Philippines with war if Manila pressed its claims over the disputed South China Sea islets and drilled for oil in the area, according to Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte.

Duterte produced his seemingly sensational comments while delivering a speech at the National Convention of the Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary in Davao City. The Philippine president recalled Monday conversation with China's President Xi Jinping regarding the disputed areas of the South China Sea and explained why he abstained from pressing the claims.

"I really said, 'It's ours. I'd like you to listen for a while.' I said, 'Mr. Xi Jinping, I would insist that that is ours and I will drill oil there,'" Duterte said.

Source: Duterte claims China threatened war in South China Sea if Philippines drills for oil

North Korea deploys amphibious landing crafts carrying special forces despite ongoing talks with South Korea to defuse military tension, military sources tell @YonhapNews

Started by NewsBoard Archives

Replies: 0
Views: 105
Last post Aug 23, 2015    10:00:03 PM
by News
Lockheed Martin-Funded Experts Agree: South Korea Needs More Lockheed Martin Missiles

Started by YoNewsBoard YoNews Portal

Replies: 0
Views: 18
Last post May 08, 2017    08:10:03 PM
by YoNews