Just the Headlines
From the web
- _It Don't Make Sense_: An Apology Isn't Enough 6 hours 40 min old
- Newlywed Who Shoved Husband Off Cliff Dramatically Admits Guilt 12 hours 44 min old
- Snowstorm to Impact More Than 1,000 Miles From St. Louis to Boston 12 hours 45 min old
- LibertyNEWS.com – BREAKING: Paul Ryan’s Horrific “Conservative” Budget Deal Gives Harry Reid Power to Raise Taxes With 51 Senate Votes! 12 hours 51 min old
- Putin: ‘We Will Never Allow Military Superiority Over Russia’ | EUTimes.net 15 hours 8 min old
- North Korea Says Kim’s Uncle Executed - NYTimes.com 15 hours 51 min old
- 20 Dead From Plague in Madagascar: Chances of International Spread Increasing | The Daily Sheeple 1 day 2 hours old
- Georgian Parliament descends into chaos, fist fighting over Ukraine unrest - NY Daily News 1 day 2 hours old
- U.S. jobless claims rise 68,000 to 368,000 - MarketWatch 1 day 2 hours old
- Chat Brat Anonymous -> Colorado 6-Year-Old suspended for Kissing a Girl 2 days 3 hours old
- North Korea Says Kim’s Uncle Executed – NYTimes.com 15 hours 49 min old
- Russia Warns America ‘We Will Respond With Nukes’ | The Daily Sheeple 1 day 2 hours old
- Garcinia Cambogia — Slim down Easily. 1 day 10 hours old
- New Estimates On Major Criteria Of How To Lose Weight Fast 1 day 10 hours old
- Raspberry Ketone Diets 2 days 10 hours old
- The A To Z Of Natural Excess Weight Decline 2 days 10 hours old
- Major Elements In http://mlmtraining1.info/ – An Update 2 days 10 hours old
- Significance Of Natural And Organic Web Optimization Service: 2 days 10 hours old
- Muscle Factor X 2 days 10 hours old
- Considering Key Aspects Of Testosterone 2 days 10 hours old
- GEMINID METEOR SHOWER- 15 hours 56 min old
- Computers Can Be Hacked Using High-Frequency Sound :: LiveScience 1 day 18 hours old
- ?? ??? 2 days 13 hours old
- RINF Alternative News Ukrainian government issues ultimatum to end pro-EU protests 3 days 8 hours old
- PressTV - US urged not to ignite World War III in Pacific 3 days 13 hours old
- World of Spycraft: NSA and CIA Spied in Online Games 3 days 19 hours old
- ?????? 2014 ?????? 4 days 4 hours old
- duvetica 2014 4 days 5 hours old
- Viking apocalypse due in less than 100 days :: 2012 The Awakening 4 days 10 hours old
- Analyzing The actual louis vuitton pouch Simply by Particulars 4 days 12 hours old
Occasion2B - Front Page
- European parliament invites Snowden to give testimony on NSA spying - News - World - 1 day 2 hours old
- EHbuf53Ll 3 days 8 hours old
- soapymype eldesyenhanny Ninycleleby 2963 5 days 21 hours old
- EXCLUSIVE: Florida cop arrested for refusing to remove Guy Fawkes SPEAKS OUT - YouTube 6 days 18 hours old
in theory worm holes exist in one time but take a long time to travel through. So, rule out that form of time travel also.
and bend theory
forget about it. as soon as you step from one side to the other your back in the present.
arrived to early
lost myself on the ride
i ran from you
with nothing to hide
left to late .
and some other stuff .
Last night, NASA's network of all-sky meteor cameras reported 23 Geminid fireballs over the United States. This sharp uptick in activity signals the official beginning of the 2013 Geminid meteor shower. For the next 3 to 4 days, Earth will pass through a stream of debris from rock comet 3200 Phaethon, producing dozens of meteors per hour flying out of the contellation Gemini. "There is a nice show going on right now," says Bill Cooke, head of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office.
There are 97 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza in Alberta and some are of the H1N1 pandemic strain seen in 2009, says Alberta Health Services.
"The predominant strain is influenza A and in the last three weeks we are seeing H1N1, which was the pandemic strain," said Dr. Vivien Suttorp, medical officer of health for AHS South Zone. "The influenza vaccine this year does cover the H1N1 strain."
Suttorp was not able to say on Wednesday how many of the 97 confirmed cases of influenza in Alberta have the H1N1 strain.
There is also no explanation as to why there are H1N1 cases, said Suttorp, but the province is already seeing little kids with this strain.
In the south zone there have been six laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza so far but the numbers are typical for this time of year. There are no statistics available for just Medicine Hat.
"Be proactive, get the influenza vaccine," said Suttorp. "Be ahead of the wave. It takes two weeks for the immunity to kick in."
The vaccine is available through many pharmacies and family physicians.
Suttorp says the vaccine is not a guarantee you will not get sick but if you do it will not be as prolonged or as severe.
See Stay home, Page A2
"No vaccine is 100 per cent but it confers a level of immunity," said Suttorp.
Anyone experiencing influenza symptoms should stay home, said Suttorp, who suggests following your instincts regarding whether you need to see a physician. The other option is to call Health Link Alberta 1-866-408-5465 for advice on seeing see a doctor.